Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Lemon tea


I wouldn't really call this a tutorial as its not really much work but here we go.

Im a massive tea fan! My tea collection would rival Tetley and day! However, one thing I really love is lemon tea. Especially in the colder month. Im lucky here in France as the lemons are all ready for the picking right now. Hot water and slices of lemon. Job done. 

However, I also dry my own lemon zest so that I can add it to loose leaf infusions. 

Simply slice off the lemon skin with a sharp knife or peeler, being sure not to get to much of the bitter pith.

lay it out loosely onto some baking paper and leave somewhere like the airing cupboard until dry which should only be two to three days. 

then keep it in a jar and whenever you feel like a bit of extra zing in your tea, add it to the infusion 

:)

No comments:

Post a Comment