Thursday, May 3, 2012

Book Review - Death and the Penguin


This book I was forced into buying by a very good friend. the way it is written is beautiful, so simple, although its hard to tell whether thats because of the way it has been translated or thats the way Kurkov had written it in his native tongue.

I found it a hard book to put down and I was finished in three days which I think is pretty good going as I juggle Evie and the housework.


Synopsis

Viktor is an aspiring writer with only Misha, his pet penguin, for company. Although he would prefer to write short stories, he earns a living composing obituaries for a newspaper. He longs to see his work published, yet the subjects of his obituaries continue to cling to life. But when he opens the newspaper to see his work in print for the first time, his pride swiftly turns to terror. He and Misha have been drawn into a trap from which there appears to be no escape.

No comments:

Post a Comment