Saturday, April 28, 2012

Baby Amelie's Gifts

This is a project that I just finished off for a friend of mine who has just had a baby. Instead of going and buying things I thought a home made touch was a lot nicer.

I made Evie a baby blanket out of old scraps of material I had lying around. It took me six months to complete by hand and she loves it. I don't have the time or patience to do another by hand and my mother in law bought me a sewing machine so projects get completed a lot faster.

The longest part of this project was cutting out the fabric. I decided on a very simple design for the blanket as to be honest its been an experiment using the machine.


The bib is made with toweling and is perhaps a little bit too pretty to be used as a bib as they just get ruined but I think that every mother wants pretty things for their child and why not, they are so precious :)




Tutorial for the bib to come :)

No comments:

Post a Comment