Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Our New Family Members

We recently picked up these little critters to add to our brood. We have three remaining from our original eight that we got three years ago and although they do produce lots if eggs its not enough to keep both families in cakes and omelettes so we have decided to get these six.

I'm also looking to getting hens that lay blue eggs and mahogany eggs.

I love out hens, they bring so much hot to the garden and I'm a garden the size of ours it's nice to have a little company when your doing the weeding. I do not however enjoy the fact they scratch up most flower beds to the point I have had to put fences up everywhere.

The eggs are sublime though and once you've tasted a home produced egg it's hard to go back to shop bought

No comments:

Post a Comment